Thursday, January 1, 2015

Acute Kidney Injury detection after heart surgery in children

JACC 2014;64:2753-62

Combining functional and tubular damage biomarkers improves diagnostic precision of acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery.
Rajit K. Basu, et al. JACC 2014;64:2753-62.

Objective: Combining two biomarkers will improve precision of acute kidney injury (AKI) diagnosis after heart surgery in children.

Methods: n=345 children after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB). Two biomarkers: Plasma Cystatin C & uNGAL were measured 2 hr after initiation of CPB.

Conclusion: Composites of plasma Cystatin C and uNGAL are superior to serum creatinine for predicting discrete characteristics of AKI.
(Click on the image to enlarge)

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete