Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tricuspid Valve Implantation in Fontan Patient

Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2011;4:112-3.
Images in Cardiology























History:
Tricuspid Atresia - type 1c
(Tricuspid atresia, Normally-related Great Arteries, VSD, no PS)

14 yrs: Fontan-Bjork Operation (RA-RV Hancock Prosthesis, Closure of ASD and VSD)

24 yrs: Obstruction of Hancock prosthesis. Therefore, replaced with 23 mm Aortic Homograft

38 yrs: Complete Heart Block - Dual Chamber pacemaker (RV lead via homograft)

45 yrs: PLE, failure of medical therapy, Severe TR

47 yrs: Melody Valve in Tricuspid position (inside Aortic Homograft). Resolution of PLE

14 mo follow-up: No recurrence of PLE.

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete