Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gen. Cardiology: Innocent vs. Pathologic murmur in Neonates

Can cardiologists distinguish innocent from pathologic murmurs in neonates?
Mackie, AS. et al.
J Pediatr 2009;154:50-4.

n-201
5 cardiologists
After clinical exam, documented murmur as "likely innocent" or "likely pathologic".
After EKG, the documentation was repeated.
Echocardiogram was taken as gold-standard.

Age 2-31 days (median 12 day)
113/201 had heart defect (56%)
Clinical assessment: Senstivity 80.5%, Specificity 90.9%
Positive predictive value 91.9%
Negative predictive value 78.4%

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete